T2020欧洲杯体育投注开户ake these muffins on summer picnics to keep everyone happy.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 2020欧洲杯体育投注开户25 minutes, plus cooling
- 335g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 40g coconut sugar
- 250g berries (we use raspberries and blueberries)
- 80g unsalted butter or butter substitute, melted and cooled
- 250ml coconut, rice or maple syrup
- 125g peanut butter, plus extra to serve
- 250ml milk of your choice
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked, or egg substitute
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- Crushed peanuts, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas 5. Grease eight holes of a 12-hole standard muffin tin or line with baking paper or cases.
- Sift the flour and cinnamon into a large bowl and stir through the coconut sugar, berries and a pinch of salt. In another bowl, combine the butter, syrup, peanut butter, milk, egg and vanilla, and mix.
- Fold the syrup mixture into the flour mixture until just combined, taking care not to overmix. Spoon into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve with an extra spoonful of peanut butter and a sprinkle of crushed peanuts. Store airtight for four to five days.
Recipe from Peanut Butter by Tim Lannan and James Annabel (Hardie Grant, £11.99). Order your copy from